Software-Defined Object Storage
Aberdeen is pleased to offer our Object Storage Solution with Scality to provide our customers with our custom server and storage hardware utilizing the innovative Scality RING software-defined object storage. Promising unmatched availability and serving millions of end users every day, Scality RING is best-of-breed software that turns our servers into high-capacity web-scale storage, offering the ability for you to store any amount of data needed.
What is Object Storage?
Object storage is designed to be massively scalable and as such is fundamentally different from traditional block or file storage systems. Object storage organizes information into containers of flexible sizes, referred to as objects. Each object includes the data itself as well as its associated metadata and has a globally unique identifier, instead of a file name and a file path. These unique identifiers are arranged in a flat address space, which removes the complexity and scalability challenges of a hierarchical file system based on complex file paths.
7 Reasons to Use Object Storage?
Unstructured data is growing exponentially year after year with the advanced capabilities of modern devices. These devices generate mass quantities of emails, images and audio and video files. Growing pools of unstructured data become difficult to organize, manage and search. This is where object storage comes in. Object storage is ideal for organizing, managing and searching through high volumes (200 TB+) of diverse and unstructured data. Object storage platforms also give companies the ability to start making sense of the big data they have at hand and extract insights that aid in the development of business goals.
- Custom Metadata and Searchability
- Archive Management
- Automated Information Life Cycle Management
- Unlimited Scalability
Scality RING Architecture
Aberdeen's Object Storage Solution
- 600TB of Object Storage spread over 6 physical storage servers
- Each server has ten 10TB Enterprise data drives
- Each server has two Enterprise SSD cache drives
- Scality Supervisor optional install as a Virtual Machine or on a physical server
- Unlimited Scalability
Connector and User Interface Security
Object Storage Features
- OpenStack (Swift, Cinder, Glance), Enterprise S3 (AWS IAM, AD)
- Massively Scalable
- Can withstand the failure of any individual server in the RING
- Can tolerate a disk failure without an impact to performance
- Enable carrier-grade service levels
Aberdeen Object Storage Solutions Starting at $325,000
AberNAS N20C 2U/12HDD (6 Servers) 600TB Storage, Scality RING Installation, 365/24/7 Support. Additional configurations available as a custom solution.
Object Storage Solution Optional Equipment or Services
- Controller Server for Scality Supervisor
- Advanced Operation Training 3 Days
- Dedicated Care Service
- Scality Certification Course
- Perpetual License Single Site
- Perpetual License GEO
- Scality RING Connector for Email Application
Aberdeen's 5 Year Warranty
Every server we build passes a thorough burn-in process followed by a meticulous Quality Control/Quality Assurance routine. All of Aberdeen’s VMware servers are backed by Aberdeen’s industry leading 5 Year Warranty. If you don’t see a configuration that meets your requirements here, please contact us for a custom VMware configuration. Aberdeen’s engineers are always ready and able to submit new configurations for VMware Certification.